This winter I have decided to stay in Boulder, CO and train while others have migrated to warmer climates. I had the opportunity to head back to Clermont, FL and stay with a husband and wife that are basically family. However, I decided it was best for me to stay at altitude and under Dave’s watchful eyes. A lot of athletes live in Boulder in the summer but most leave during the colder months. Those that do end up staying usually do a lot of training sessions together and form deeper relationships. This winter I have gotten to know some other athletes much better and formed new friendships.
Training is going very well even with the occasional snow days. I have spent hours on the turbo and treadmill but the work is being done. The longer intervals on the trainer are very taxing both mentally and physical; however, I think there is something to be said about the gains you get from doing hard intervals on the trainer. They seem much harder to me….or maybe it is the daunting garage!
As for support for 2015, I will continue to work with most of the companies I worked with in 2014. The brands I work with allow me to show up race day with the best equipment and support team. Listed below are what I will use in 2015 training and racing
- TYR Torque Pro speedsuit
- TYR Freak of Nature wetsuit
- TYR Velocity goggles
- TYR Durafast swim suits for training
- TYR Carbon Aero Back Short John racing suit
- Trek Speed Concept 9.9 with Bontrager wheels (TT bike)
- Trek Emonda (road bike)
- ISM Time Trial saddle (Speed Concept) and ISM road saddle (Emonda)
- SRM Dura-Ace power meter
- Smith Overtake helmet
- Bontrager RXL Hilo cycling shoes
- Atomic coated chain, chainrings, cassettes
- Hoka OneOne Clifton running shoes for racing
- Hoka OneOne Conquest running shoes for training
- Smith Pivlock Arena Optics
- Garmin 920XT
- Beet Performer on a daily basis
- First Endurance OptygenHP on a daily basis
- First Endurance Multi-V on a daily basis
- First Endurance EFS Pro Lemon
- First Endurance Ultragen Cappucino
- First Endurance EFS Liquid Shot Wild Berry
- Salt Stick capsules
My next race is April 19th at the New Orleans 70.3. If you would like to get my monthly newsletter that includes recipes, workouts, discount codes, contests, and updates please subscribe here.
Thank you for reading and hopefully see you at the races!